Bill has been a Los Angeles photographer since 1982. Assignment photography has taken him from LA to New York as well as Malaysia, Nova Scotia, and Cost Rica, while personal work has led him to Cuba, Europe, and the American Southwest. His specialty for assignment work remains cars. He’s shot Acura, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Lexus, Mazda, Nissan, and Toyota in the studio and on location.
Born in Los Angeles, Bill was raised in a military family, living in Northern California, Texas, Germany, and Los Angeles. Upon receiving his post graduate degree from USC, he taught in California’s public schools for six years and has taught commercial lighting and black and white photography at Long Beach City College where he is a former member of their Photography Advisory Committee.
Bill has been honored multiple times by the Palm Springs Art Museum, being represented in several museum exhibitions. In 2001 he received a Donaldson Trust Fellowship -- a one month residency at the Vermont Studio Center. He was a winner in the Nikon International Photography Contest, The Photo Design Magazine competition for advertising photography, and the Photographer’s Forum annual competition. In 2010 he was named the Epson International Pano Photographer of the year. Bill recently completed a month long residency at the Vermont Studio Center where he focused on the winter landscape.
Bill’s images may be found in many private and corporate collections.
Bill Leigh Brewer
- Palm Springs Art Museum
- SoHo Gallery, Los Angeles/NY
- Sisqueiros-Krol Gallery, Los Angeles
- 23rd Street USC Gallery, Los Angeles
- Santa Monica College Photography Gallery
- AIM Gallery, Los Angeles
- I-5 Gallery, Los Angeles
- Exhibit A Gallery, Los Angeles
- Spring Arts Collective, Los Angeles
- Twentynine Palms Art Gallery
- A Roadside Attraction Gallery, Joshua Tree
- Brewery Artwalk, Los Angeles
- Morongo Basin Artist Council Open Studio Tour
- Marks Art Gallery, College of the Desert
- Salton Sea Museum
- Desert X-Coachella Valley Art Center
- Magic and Realism-Chungking Gallery
- Salton Sea: Lost in Paradise